Insurance Waiver Criteria
- Does your plan comply with all applicable Affordable Care Act requirements, e.g., unlimited lifetime maximum?
- Does your plan cover prescriptions drugs as required by the Affordable Care Act?
- Does your current plan provide an unlimited benefit for Medical Evacuation and Repatriation?
- Is your annual deductible less than $350/individual and $700/family for in-network providers and at least 80% coverage?
- Does your current plan provide a benefit for all sports-related injuries, with the exception of intercollegiate or professional participation?
- Does your plan provide coverage for non-emergency physical and mental health?
- Does your current plan have a United States billing address, phone number and contact person?
- Is your current plan free of any day or visit limits? In other words, there shouldn't be any services that are limited to a certain number of days or visits. If there are day or visit limits on any benefits, answer "no" to this question.
- Does your current plan have in-network hospitals, physicians and mental health care providers in Salt Lake City, UT?
- Will your current plan remain in force during the entire 2021/2022 academic year and does it begin before or on the date the student policy begins for the semester? Note that your insurance company may be contacted on a periodic basis to confirm your continuous coverage.
Requesting a Waiver
To waive coverage, visit the United Health Care Student Resources website anytime during the waiver period. This step can only be completed after you have received an email from the Student Health Center indicating your insurance is ready to be processed. You will be asked to provide detailed information about your current coverage in order to have your waiver approved. Upon submitting the form, you will receive an email approving or denying your waiver request. If your waiver is denied or if you do not complete the waiver process, you will be enrolled in the plan and your student account will be charged the semester’s portion of the annual premium.